- Description of object’s color appearance including of spectral behaviors, colorimetric coordinates, gloss effect, opacity, translucency, whiteness, yellowness and blackness indices.
- Characterization of different color appearance models.
- Color matching and recipe prediction.
- Color difference formulae.
- Characterization of visual phenomenon such as metamerism, chromatic adaptation and color constancy.
- Light sources and their effect on color and appearance.
- Investigation of psychophysical effect of color based on visual assessment experiments.
- Using intelligent systems for evaluating color appearance and color reproduction.
- Color measurement and color quality control in different industries such as paint, plastic, textile, automotive, dentistry and food.
- Spectral and colorimetric analysis of achromatic samples and presenting a blackness index.
- Compression and reconstruction of spectral data.