Department of Environmental Research
Control, measurement and monitoring of environmental pollution is one of the most important fields of environmental protection. In this regard, research on waste treatment including Water, Air and Soil is fundamental due to maintaining public health. Furthermore, studies on waste management policies, recycling and development of new environmentally friendly materials and technologies are important. Department of environmental research activities have focused on above mentioned environmental aspects with particular emphasis on environmental problems of dye, paint, resin, glaze and printing industries.
- Colored wastewater treatment
- Design and modeling of the industrial waste treatment plants and reactors
- Researches on the adsorption systems
- Nano- photocatalytic and advanced oxidation processes
- Physicochemical processes of waste treatment
|TOC analyzer (TOC-L CSH, Shimatzu)|
|COD meter (DR-3900, Hach)|
|BOD meter and incubator (BOD Track, Hach)|
|UV-Vis spectrophotometer (Lambda 25, Perkin Elmer)|
|UV-Vis spectrophotometer (Cecil-CE2021)|
|Atomic absorption (Flame/Furnace) (PG 990- PG Instruments)|
|Ion chromatograph (761 Compact IC-Metrohm)|
|Turbidimeter (2100 N-Hach)|
|Centrifuge (EBA 20, Hettich)|
|Electroris (Labscale Electrospinning Unit- Fanavaran nano meghyas)|
|Conductometer (Mettler Toledo)|
|pH meter (Mettler Toledo)|
|Ultrasonic (Parsonic 15 S)|
Distinguished research projects
- Dye removal using physical processes including membranes and adsorption by nanofibers, biomaterials, metal-organic frameworks, etc.
- Application of advanced oxidation technologies (photocatalysis, photo-Fenton, ozonation, etc) to degrade dyes and organic pollutants in wastewater.
- Biological processes for removing pollutants from colored wastewater.
- Detection of pollutants in water using colorants.
Dye removal using physical processes
Biological processes for removing pollutants from colored wastewater
- Collaboration for measurement of detergent, chloride, free chlorine, color, fluoride, sulphate, Total hardness, calcium, magnesium, nitrate, turbidity, Total Alkalinity (TA), ammonia, Total Suspended Solid (TSS), Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD5), pH, Total Dissolved Solid (TDS), Electrical conductivity (EC) and metal measurements.
- Collaboration in providing environmental standards
- Environmental consulting services
- Design and modeling of the industrial waste treatment plants (Water, Air, and Soil)
- Reducing the environmental impact of dye, pigment, paint, resin, glaze and printing industries by recovery and reuse of resources and the processes optimization
- Fabrication of the adsorption, photocatalytic oxidation, biological, and membrane systems