Department of Resin and Additives
The department provides diverse equipment for bench-scale synthesis of different resins and additives suitable for coating and printing applications. Environmentally-friendly resins and additives can be produced and characterized here. Department also held technical workshops and gives certificate to samples from industry.
- Manufacturing and characterization of various industrial and construction resins for high solid, powder coating, UV curable, marine, automotive and traffic paint.
- Synthesis and modification of epoxy, acrylic, urethane, polysulfide, alkyd, saturated and unsaturated polyesters resins used in paint and coating industries
- Synthesis of aliphatic epoxy, silicon and epoxy-silicon resins.
- Manufacturing of epoxy-silicon resin-based coating systems to reduce corrosion costs and increase durability of coatings in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
- Manufacturing of coating systems based on silicone resins to reduce back force on vessels.
- Design of modified resins in fireproof coatings, antimicrobials and specialized resins to reduce urban pollutants.
- Synthesis and characterization of additives used in paint and coating industries (dispersants, leveling agent, rheological modifiers, etc.)
- Investigation of kinetics and degradation of resins and polymeric nanocomposites.
- Manufacturing of adhesives and resins used in printing inks
- Manufacturing of modified resins in thermal insulation coatings for buildings and other uses to reduce energy consumption
- Manufacturing of polymer bitumen with special applications for asphalt coatings
|Vacuum oven||A set of reactors for synthesizing||10-liter pilot reactor|
|Ultrasonic bath||Ultrasonic homogenizer||Brookfield viscometer|
|Homogenizer||Peristaltic pump||Rotary evaporation|
|Centrifuge||Conductivity meter||pH meter|
Synthesize and characterization of resins and additives.
Behavior and properties of resins in surface coatings (water based, solvent based, powder coatings and UV curable resin), printing inks, adhesives, etc.
Behavior and properties of additives.
Cure kinetic of resins and polymeric nanocomposites
Determination of acid number, hydroxyl number, epoxy number, amine number, soap number, percentage of NCO, Brookfield viscosity, thermal resistance of coating, conductivity measurement, solid percentage, water absorption test, Centrifuge, Vacuum distillation and contact angle.
Distinguished research projects
- Modification and Characterization of Polysulfide Resins by Epoxy Resin
- Synthesis of the Water-based Acrylic Resins \ Nano Silica
- Polyurethane Dispersion (PUD): Synthesis and Characterization
- Synthesis and Characterization of Epoxidized Polysulfide Resin
- Synthesis and Characterization of Radiation Curable Polysulfide Resin
- Preparation of Waterborne Resins Containing Nano Silver Particles and Investigation its Anti-Bacterial Properties
- The Effect of Reaction Condition of Pickering Emulsion Polymerization on The Preparation of Core- Shell Nano-composites
- Synthesis and Study on the Behavior of Rheology Modifiers based on Urethane
- Study of Isotherm and Kinetics of Dye Adsorption onto Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles
- Thermo-analytical Study of the Cure Characteristics of Epoxy – Siloxane
- Synthesis and Characterization of Polydimethylsiloxane-Co-Polyether as Paint Additives (Antifoaming Agents and Leveling Agents)
- Investigation of Effects of Polysulfide Polymer for Bitumen Binder
- Preparation of Conductive Inks for Ink-Jet Printing
- Study on the Stability of Air Dried Long Oil Alkyd Resin in an Aqueous Emulsion Medium
- The Effect of the Solvent on the Morphology of Epoxy Silica Nano-composites Material
- Preparation of Epoxy Amine Adduct for Electro-deposition Application
- Preparation of Water - Based Alky / Acrylic Hybrid Resins
- Encapsulation of Thermo-chromic Dyes with Acrylic Polymers
- Study of the Effect of Nano Silica Particle on the Curing Reaction and EIS Behavior of Epoxy Coatings
- Synthesis of Biocompatible and Antibacterial Titanium Dioxide Nano-powders and their Use in Preparation of Hybrid Nano-composites via Ultrasonic Irradiation
- Optimizing The Time and Heating Rate in E.A. Laser Jet Toner Synthesis on Account of Experimental Design Approach
- Feasibility Study of Accessing Know - How for Production of Nucleating Agent and Clarifiers of Polymers based on Sorbitol
- Feasibility Study of Production of Voltatex E1151 Varnish
- Preparation of Technical Tendered Documents of Paints for Double-Deck Wagon of Metro
- Feasibility Study of UV Curable Resins in The Repair and Reconstruction of Copper Inscriptions
- Novel Resins Preparation for incorporation into Protective Coatings for Galvanized Steel Structures
- Preparation of PVC Powder Composition to be Used in Slush Molding Process
- Investigation on Hybridization in Zinc Rich Protective Coatings
- Study on Synthesis and Properties of Siliconized Epoxy Resin
- Surviving of Laboratory Performance Tests and Certification of 6 Types of Pars Pamchal Protective Coating System
- Design and Synthesis of Two Types of Acrylic Polycarboxylic Dispersants
- Synthesis of Polycarboxylate Ether (PCE) Superplasticizer for Concrete
- Reducing Asphalt Emissions Rate via Modification of Bitumen using Recycled Polymers and Natural Bitumen
- Synthesis of Suitable Resin for Coatings Containing ZnS Nanoparticles with Luminescence Feature.
- Calculation of The Diffusion Function Naphthalimide Based Disperse Dyes on Polyethylene Terephthalate Fiber
- Synthesis of the Nano composite of Ferrite Ni-Zn and Investigation of its Rheological Properties
- Synthesis and Study of Novel Resin Based on Epoxy-Silica Ceramers for Protective Coatings
- Study on the Effect of the Material Parameters on the Production of Siliconized Epoxy Resin
- Preparation and Investigation of Optical Properties of Nano Multilayer Polymer Films
- Synthesis and Characterization of Suspension of Polymer Nano- Particles
- Curing Kinetics of Epoxy Clay Nanocomposites
- Investigation of Surface Properties of Silicone Based Resins Used in Foul Release Coatings in the Presence of Carbon Nano-Tubes.
- Removal of Dyes Used in Printing Industry from Wastewater by Functionalized Silica Nanoparticles
- Synthesis of Laser Jet Toner via in Situ Suspension Polymerization Method Based on Styrene Monomer
- Preparation and Properties of Hybrid Nanocomposites of Carbon Nanotubes and Epoxy Polysulfide Resin
- Preparation of Carbon Nanotubes by using of Nanoporous Materials
- Synthesis of Polymeric Micro/ Nano Capsules Used in Self- Healing Coatings
- Synthesis and Characterization of Hyper- Branch UV- Curable Acrylate Resin
- Rheological Behavior of Epoxy - Clay Nanocomposites
- Improvement of Thermo Mechanical Properties of Waterborne Resins using Nano Silica
- Optimization of Formulation and Properties of Waterborne Alkyd/ Acrylic
- Synthesis of Nanocomposite based on Acrylic / Nanosilver Particles
- Synthesis of Self Colored Acrilic Based Polymers with Naphthalimide Graftings
- Investigation of the Effect of Silica Nano Domian on Viscoelastic Behavior of Silicone-Based Foul Release Coating
- Study on Optical and Morphological Behaviors of Radiation Curable Acrylate- Poly (Dimethyl Siloxane) Blends
- Synthesis and Cathodic Electrodeposition Behavior of Polyether Organic- Inorganic Compounds
- Study on Inorganic Precursors Effect on Surface and Optical Properties of UV- Curable Nano- Hybrid Coatings
- Investigation on Antibacterial Properties of Solid Epoxy and Polyester Resins for Powder Coatings in the Presence of Nano Particles.
- Synthesis and Characterization of UV-Curable Trimethoxysilyl-Functional Urethane Acrylate Used in Hybrid Coating
- Synthesis and Characterization of Silicon Methacrylate as Additive for UV Curable Coatings
- Nano Hybrid of Cationic Polyurethane Dispersion with Nano SiO2/TiO2: Synthesis and Characterization
- Investigation on Effect of Nano Clay on Rheological Behavior of Epoxy Polysulfide Resin
- Synthesis and Characterization of UV-Curable Nano-Silica Novolac Epoxy Acrylate
- Poly (Methyl Methacrylate) SiO2 Nano-composites Prepared by Power Ultrasonic Wave: Synthesis and Characterization
- Synthesis and Characterization of UV-Curable Poly dimethylsiloxane Urethane Di methacrylate / CNT
- Synthesis and Characterization of UV Curable Nanocomposite Tri Functional Urethane Methacrylate SiO2
- Synthesis and Characterization of UV Curable SiO2/ TiO2 Nano-hybrid as a Photocatalytic Coatings
- Synthesis and Characterization of UV-Curable Epoxy Acrylate/ Fe3O4 Nano Hybrrid